RE: RFC 2401 section 5.2.1

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000, Richard Draves wrote:
> a) Do you agree that Mobile IPv6's requirement that AH be used and not ESP
> is too restrictive?

Strongly agree.  We'd like to see AH die entirely, and hence are opposed
to having any other standard demand its continued survival.

> b) Is the receiver processing that I'm proposing legitimate?

I'd say it is, with the caveat that I haven't worked with IPv6 enough yet
to really have a good feel for its header processing.

> c) If Mobile IPv6 support is added to your IPsec implementation, would this
> Home Address processing be unduly difficult for your implementation to
> support?

FreeS/WAN is still far enough away from IPv6 support of any flavor that
it's hard to be sure, but it doesn't sound too bad.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net

Follow-Ups: References: