Re: Fw: IPSec vs. SSL

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Heber" <pheber@qantas.com.au>
> I agree that with SSL and tools such
> as Dsniff the man in the middle is an issue.

I am not quite sure I understand how SSL is susceptible to the man in the
middle attack.  Could you explain this a bit more or point me to some
write-up on this.  If the client encrypts a session key with the public key
of a server pretty much the only thing that can decrypt the key is the
server which has the private key corresponding to the public key in the
certificate.  I don't see how a man in the middle attack can be launched
here.