Re: Mobile IPv6 - IPsec interaction.

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   But snide comments aside, you _can_ do this today: you set your policy
   to build a tunnel that authorizes your mobile host (based on some
   identification) to tunnel packets as your home address.  Seriously, it
   is that simple.  I admit that _how_ you set your policy is IPSec
   implementation specific.  However, _what_ you need to setup isn't.

   For example, you want to configure your tunnel something like this:

   On the mobile host:

   	type=tunnel
   	server=11.22.0.1
   	server_id=server.my.site	<- used to authenticate home agent
   	my_inside_addr=11.22.33.44
   	my_auth_id=laptop.my.site	<- my authentication ID

   On the home agent:

   	type=tunnel
   	client_id=laptop.my.site	<- used to authenticate mobile host
   	client_inside_addr=11.22.33.44
   	my_auth_id=server.my.site	<- my authentication ID

=> so your proposal is to use the manual setup. At least one free
implementation has this, in FreeS/WAN this gives on the home agent:

conn my_laptop
 type=transport
 auth=ah
 authby=rsasig
 auto=add
 left=%any
 leftid=@laptop.my.site
 leftsubnet=<my_laptop home address>/128
 right=<home agent address>
 rightid=@server.my.site
 rightsubnet=<home agent address>/128

(I don't use Linux or FreeS/WAN but this should work according to the
documentation).

So we can say the issue is solved for the home agent but of course
manual config doesn't scale and won't work for random correspondents,
ie. we should look for an automatical and standardized way to do this...

Thanks

Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr

Follow-Ups: References: