Re: Increased sequence number in ESP/AH

In message <200101232142.NAA19223@potassium.network-alchemy.com>, Dan Harkins w
rites:
>That's one way to do it. But if the recipient has already said she isn't
>going to be inspecting the counter, for whatever reason, why mandate that
>the sender keep sending it?
Did the recipient also say that she will give the session key to anyone
who is asking?

Aren't there security implications when replay protection is removed.
Wasn't IPsec supposed to solve them?

And if you can encrypt at 1GB/s, it shouldn't be a problem to run the
key exchange more often either.

IKE and IPsec already seemed complicated enough to me, but I am sure
that we can find good reasons to further complicate them.

This discussion is getting very confusing,
  Niels.