Re: lifetimes

  Hi Christian,

  The lifetime used really depends on what the users of your routers
want. You should allow for both seconds and KB to be specified. Most
people I know feel that when the two protocols are negotiated together
to protect one type of traffic that they should be deleted/rekeyed as
a pair. So if the lifetime counter for one gets hit before the
lifetime counter for another they are both rekeyed. Doing so would
make your boxes more interoperable with existing implementations.

  What company do you work for?

  regards,

  Dan.

On Fri, 02 Feb 2001 01:34:02 +0100 you wrote