Need help! Regarding aggressive mode of Oakley

hello friends! i am new to this list . and obviously i have a problem. Can
anybody tell me in the case of the aggressive mode of Oakley Protocol why does
the initiator needs to send the g^x again to the reponder in the 3'rd mesg along
with the group information and also EHAS ? (in the case of Oakley protocol)

CKY-I, CKY-R, OK_KEYX, GRP, g^x, EHAS, NIDP,ID(I), ID(R), Ni, Nr, S{ID(I) |
ID(R) | Ni | Nr | GRP | g^x | g^y | EHAS}Ki

This statement of mine if with reference to RFC2412 of Oakley Protocol.

thanks in advance
neeraj