RE: IKE entropy issues with long keys

Does IKE preclude the use of SHA-256 or SHA-512 for AES?

Chris

http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsec/mail-archive/msg01288.html
> Andrew> and: http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsec/mail-archive/msg01817.html
>
> Andrew> and the discussions surrounding them.
>
> I wasn't suggesting the problem be solved (since its too late).  It
> should, IMHO, be at least mentioned in the documents even if the
> problem itself is ignored and not solved.
>
> Also, IMHO, The "2^128 is large enough" response is a silly one.  If
> that were true, we wouldn't bother developing new algorithms with
> longer key lengths.  The AES requirements required longer key lengths
> for a reason.  Currently unknown attacks may reduce the functional key
> space of an algorithm to something that is computationally feasible.
> --
> Wes Hardaker
> NAI Labs
> Network Associates

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.  The
unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden. Baltimore Technologies plc will not be liable for direct,
special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the
contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being
passed on.

In addition, certain Marketing collateral may be added from time to time to
promote Baltimore Technologies products, services, Global e-Security or
appearance at trade shows and conferences.

computer viruses.