Re: IKE entropy issues with long keys

>>>>> On Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:18:43 -0500, "Andrew Krywaniuk" <andrew.krywaniuk@alcatel.com> said:

Andrew> I don't agree with the example you brought up about using PFS
Andrew> to generate extra uncorrelated key bits. The fact that the key
Andrew> bits come out of a PRF should mean that they are sufficiently
Andrew> uncorrelated. The real reason for rekeying is to minimize the
Andrew> impact of a compromise, not to make the compromise less
Andrew> likely.

I'm not sure to which example you're referring, but thats ok...

Andrew> I (and others) have actually suggested before that we need an
Andrew> RFC which documents the implicit security properties of
Andrew> IKE.

Thats probably a really good idea.

--
Wes Hardaker