Re: RSA != RSA?

An addendum...  I wrote:
> I assume, without immediately being able to prove it, that either version
> of the decryption key will actually work...

Sandy Harris of our team promptly came up with a proof.  So the added lcm
is, presumably, an optimization.

I'd still be curious to know how this came about, if anybody knows.

And this is an interoperability booby-trap that ought to be noted
somewhere.  It's a limited one, since it involves the private key, which
isn't traded around a lot... but we ran into it in exactly that way, an
interoperability failure.  Preferably it should get explicit mention; at
the very least, the IPsec RFCs should reference PKCS#1 as well as the
original paper.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net

Follow-Ups: References: