Re: RSA != RSA?

If I recall correctly, the number of possilble keys is dependent on
the factorization of (p-1)(q-1).  Namely, the more factors you have,
the greater the number of possible keys.  (Note: I might have the
wrong number being factored -- we discussed this in class about 7
years ago and I'm nowhere near my class notes ;)

But basically, IIRC, if you choose p and q as strong primes, such that
both (p-1)/2 and (q-1)/2 are prime, then you will minimize the number
of potential decryption keys to 2.

As a simple example, take p=7,q=5, N=35. You can choose, e.g. e=5, as
5 is relatively prime to (p-1)(q-1) = (6*4) = 24.  You can then show
that either d=11 or d=23 will work to decrypt a message:

	m=5
	c = m^e mod n = 5^5 mod 35 = 10
	m = c^d mod n = 10^11 mod 35 = 5
	              = 10^23 mod 35 = 5