Re: exchange type 6?

  A Cisco implementation? That's regrettable. Somebody must've put it
there after I left because I didn't do it. Exchange #6 is reserved for
"ISAKMP Future Use" but a now-expired internet draft used it. The
procedure is to use a "private use" number for drafts and if it is
advanced it is awarded a real number by IANA. It is for this reason--
some drafts have problems and are never advanced so it is unwise to
tie up magic numbers for evolutionary dinosaurs-- that these rules were
put in place.

  Hopefully the next exchange that is advanced will be awarded 6 and all
those people who implemented the now-expired internet draft will be SOL.

  Dan.

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:13:05 PST you wrote