Re: exchange type 6?

Will,

I just don't agree with allocating a reserved number to Config/XAUTH.
XAUTH was not adopted because it has serious security problems.  We did
think about this.  The problem is that there's been essentially no progress
on adopting a viable alternative (e.g. CRACK or Hybrid) so people continue
to use what they've got.  However, it's our charter to provide secure
protocols and standardizing anything less is unacceptable to some of us.

Derrell

Follow-Ups: References: