Re: On the Use of SCTP with IPsec

> But this reminds me of an issue that wasn't clear to me. In your
> draft section 3.b you talk about IKE validating the phase 2
> selectors,

My "regular bi-montly rant follows"... [about no policy in IKE :-]

One should not add more complexity to the IKE. Instead one should
remove *ALL* selector information (that is used to check the policy)
from IKE phase 2 negotiations.

The kernel checks the policy anyway (if it follows RFC2401 correctly),
IKE doesn't need to to anything else but negotitiate the phase 2
session keys.

In such architecture, IKE negotiation will succeed, even if the
policies don't match, but the kernel checks will guarantee that
invalid packets are dropped (and mismatched policy is detected that
way).

--
Markku Savela <Markku.Savela@iki.fi>

Follow-Ups: References: