RE: Internet Draft for explicit security labels in IPv6.

My understanding of the draft was that, one of the goals is for intervening
routers to be able to make routing decisions based on the contents of the
security label (Section 3.4):

   A router needs to trust the authenticity and integrity of a
   packet before making routing decision based on the content of its
   label.

The proposal is to permit security labels in Hop-By-Hop Extension Headers,
which (if I remember correctly) are only protected by AH.

This would seem to require AH.

Best Regards,
Joseph D. Harwood
jharwood@vesta-corp.com
www.vesta-corp.com

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Harwood;Joseph;D.
FN:Joseph D. Harwood
ORG:Vesta Corporation
ADR;WORK:;(408) 838-9434;5201 Great America Parkway, Suite 320;Santa Clara;CA;95054
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:(408) 838-9434=0D=0A5201 Great America Parkway, Suite 320=0D=0ASanta Clara, =
CA 95054
URL:http://www.vesta-corp.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:jharwood@vesta-corp.com
REV:20001011T162328Z