Re: Internet Draft for explicit security labels in IPv6.

Kais,

>Greetings,
>
>IPv4 had IPSO and CIPSO for labeling of packets assuming we're operating
>within the premises of a trusted infrastructure.
>IPv6 only has the implicit labeling by having different IPsec SAs convey
>different labels.
>We think there is a need to have explicit labels in IPv6, whether or not
>IPsec is used.

Ipsec allows for both implicit and explicit labelling, according to
RFC 2401. If one wishes to carry explicit security labels in the IP
header, and to protect the integrity and authenticity of these
labels, there are two options: use AH or use tunnel mode ESP and have
the labels appear only in the inner IP header.

Steve