Re: exchange type 6?

   Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:14:18 -0800
   From: "Derrell D. Piper" <ddp@cips.nokia.COM>

    > Mark exchange type 6 as reserved/deprecated/..., and let's move on.  No
    > need to officially document what it was, but at least mark the pit so
    > nobody stumbles into it by accident.

I agree that informing the IANA not to allocate exchange type 6 makes
sense.  I'm not quite so sure that it's worthwhile to document it, at
least not until ISPRA finishes its work, at which point documenting it
as historical would probably make sense.  There's a certain amount of
negotiation here between the ISPRA and AD's that's probably required
here.

   Hear, hear.  I wish this would have happened for RIPEMD-160 HMAC as
   well.  (I often wonder if that draft was just forgotten during the
   RFC process...)

Yeah, it was forgotten.  My bad.  If there's a substantial number of
people who are using it, getting it revived and pushed through a wg last
call would certainly be possible.

							- Ted