Re: Agenda for the Minneapolis meeting

    Dan>     *) what does it mean to combine these three RFCs?
    Dan>            - no "layer violations" when defining things (like the commit
    Dan> 	     bit: it's from a header defined in RFC2408 used in an exchange
    Dan> 	     defined in RFC2409 because of an aspect of the service defined
    Dan> 	     in RFC2407) so we gain in clarity.
    Dan> 	   - we lose the generic transport and generic key exchange and
    Dan> 	     gain a key exchange and security association establishment
    Dan> 	     protocol for IPsec.

  To what extent is this is a redefinition of the protocol --- i.e. a text
change, and to what extent is this a change in the definition of the bits on
the wire?

  Or is this the critical question?
  Will there be a requirements stage?

  My suggestion is:
  1) rewrite/clarify the three RFCs into 1.
     particularly, clarify extension mechanisms.
  	Publish.   (no protocol changes)

  2) establish chop list. Stuff we wish to deprecate, move to another
	       document, etc.
	Publish.   (only subtract/MAY-ify things)

  3) establish requirements list, and identify people who want to
     work on these items, and form very short lived WGs to do these
     extensions.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|gigabit is no[
]   Michael Richardson, Solidum Systems   Oh where, oh where has|problem  with[
]     mcr@solidum.com   www.solidum.com   the little fishy gone?|PAX.port 1100[