Re: Agenda for the Minneapolis meeting

  That just isn't true. KINK defines new payloads and is, itself, a
new exchange. The group DOI is for multicast security and since IKE
establishes a shared symmetric key between two parties and two parties
only a new multicast key exchange has to be defined. Neither of these
things should speak out of UDP port 500.

  Dan.

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:44:40 PST you wrote
> At 11:22 AM 3/15/2001 -0800, Dan Harkins wrote:
> >   Can you be more specific on the danger?
> >
> >   One problem I see with not combining the two is the trend to use
> >UDP port 500 as a place to multiplex in different protocols. That is
>
> kink and gdoi are not different protocols.  The extend IKE as the
> standard allows.
>
> Mark

Follow-Ups: References: