Re: Agenda for the Minneapolis meeting

Hi Dan,

>From a philosophical perspective I understand your point of not wanting
protocols to share a port. But I should point out that the Group DOI
doesn't have the SA payload problem you mention. It doesn't specify a
new phase 1 protocol -- the SA payload process and construct code is the
same code. When phase 1 has completed it determines whether to run IKE
phase 1 or GDOI is based on a trivial switch (using the DOI value) in
the state machine. Putting GDOI onto its own port would just remove that
switch.

Will Son-of-IKE have a new port number, since it will be a different
protocol from RFC 2409?

Brian