RE: Agenda for the Minneapolis meeting

Hi,

I am smiling to read your new ideas about a new version. During the last 5
month I did my thesis about interoperability of this big dinosaur IPSec. I
would like to point out some of my experiences during my interop tests:

- do more MUST specifications and not should or may, whatever!
	Because: notifications are most of the time not clear to understand, not
recognized or not sent.

- standard is full of options, look around, who uses them? Noone! i.e.
Blowfish

- lifetype kb is not used (interoperability set to 0!), lifetime is not
negotiated.

- timing of valid or not valid SAs is a problem -> keepalives ?

Think you will solve the problems, good luck!

Christian

Follow-Ups: References: