RE: Agenda for the Minneapolis meeting

Dan,

While you're in there, I have a small request.  The ECN
draft, draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-02.txt (on which the authors
hope to [finally] be able to declare victory and start on
the path towards the IESG shortly after Minneapolis)
contains the following text:

   RFC 2407 currently requires responders to
   reject all proposals if any proposal contains an unknown attribute;
   this requirement is expected to be changed to require a responder not
   to select proposals or transforms containing unknown attributes.

Correction of this would be appreciated; everyone I've talked
to about this seems to think it was an oversight.  This issue
arises because ECN added a new SA attribute.

FWIW, ECN now treats the two bits in the IP header as a field
with four possible values, and has defined a use for the fourth
value, resulting in some minor changes to the IPSec tunnel
encapsulation and decapsulation procedures.  Take a look at
the draft for details.

Thanks,
--David

David L. Black, Senior Technologist
+1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500