From: Dirk Rosler [mailto:dirk@unicircuits.com]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 8:48 AM
To: Yap, Alister; IPSec
Subject: Re: IPSec Provisioning Tools

> Does anyone know/recommend any tools for provisioning IPSec VPN tunnels?

Hi Alister,

I am looking into the same things, tools for carrier-scale VPN provisioning.

I haven't really gotten into the matter deeply yet, but I have superficially
looked at two interesting, vendor-independent products. 1) Solsoft
[solsoft.com](at the moment no IPSec support, but due shortly; neat router,
firewall etc. policy tool that when extended to IPSec should become very
interesting) 2) TBD Networks [tbdnetworks.com] a what appears to be very
scalable solution, manageable via a browser interface.

Most other management tools I have looked at yet were more or less
vendor-specific, which in the case of a heterogeneous network environment
that telcos have is unsuitable.

I'd be very interested in your opinion and/or other solutions you -or anyone
else for that matter- come across, so please let me know!

Regards

Dirk