Re: IPSec Provisioning Tools

Dirk Rosler wrote:

> > Does anyone know/recommend any tools for provisioning IPSec VPN tunnels?
>
> Hi Alister,
>
> I am looking into the same things, tools for carrier-scale VPN provisioning.
>
> I haven't really gotten into the matter deeply yet, but I have superficially
> looked at two interesting, vendor-independent products. 1) Solsoft
> [solsoft.com](at the moment no IPSec support, but due shortly; neat router,
> firewall etc. policy tool that when extended to IPSec should become very
> interesting) 2) TBD Networks [tbdnetworks.com] a what appears to be very
> scalable solution, manageable via a browser interface.
>
> Most other management tools I have looked at yet were more or less
> vendor-specific, which in the case of a heterogeneous network environment
> that telcos have is unsuitable.
>
> I'd be very interested in your opinion and/or other solutions you -or anyone
> else for that matter- come across, so please let me know!
>
> Regards
>
> Dirk

Howdy,

	Work on standardized configuration of IPsec devices is just in its
infancy. You can follow the development of
draft-ietf-ipsp-ipsecpib-02.txt and
draft-ietf-ipsp-ipsec-conf-mib-00.txt.  The real trick of it will be
getting muitiple vendors to believe in the need for interoperable
configuration of IPsec devices. Therefore I appreciate your note asking
for it. And I encourage you to solicite the "IPsec Policy" working group
for further updates on the progress of inter-vendor configurability. The
"IPsec Policy" WG email list can be found at:

General Discussion:ipsec-policy@vpnc.org