IPSec for IPv6 on Linux available !!!!

Hi,

we like to announce the availability of the first IPSec
implementation for IPv6 running on Linux.

This implementation is based on FreeS/WAN 1.8
(http://www.freeswan.org).

The implementation of IPSec tunnel mode and the integration in
FreeS/WAN was done by IABG as part of the EU project 6INIT
(http://www.6init.org). There's still much work to do
but this is the first running IPsec implementation for IPv6 on Linux.

Currently the following features have been tested successfully:
- IPv6 tunnel mode on gateways
- Encryption algorithm: 3DES
- Authentication algorithm: MD5
- Tested with Linux kernel 2.4.0 test 9 (others might work)
- Tested with static routing
- Tested with manual address configuration

For detailed information, please read the README and INSTALL
documents included in the distribution.

You may download FreeS/WAN with IPv6 support from the following URL:
http://www.ipv6.iabg.de/downloadframe/index.html

If you have any problems downloading the distribution please send me
an e-mail!

Regards,

Florian Heissenhuber

Florian Heissenhuber