Re: SA identification

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Stephen Kent wrote:
> really whether anyone manages SPIs in a fashion that relies on using
> the other two values for differentiation.

Linux FreeS/WAN currently makes minor use of the ability to assign the
same SPI to SAs of different protocols, for the case where a single
connection uses multiple protocols (e.g. AH+ESP).  We're not strongly
attached to this, however... especially since we definitely belong to the
"Death to AH!!!" faction.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net

Follow-Ups: References: