Re: Death to AH (was Re: SA identification)

Ari Huttunen wrote:

> Even if AH is not killed at once, a decision by this WG that AH doesn't
> need to go through NATs would help us a lot!

I am in favor of skipping AH for NAT work. Don't drag
all the baggage with you forever. Move on in new work.

Also, this reminds also me of the MPLS DOI presentation where
they were proposing AH and ESP-like functionality for
MPLS. I haven't studied that DOI much, but it seems to
me that providing only ESP-like behaviour would be
sufficient, particularly given that MPLS doesn't perhaps
treat IP headers in any different way in the AH/ESP cases.

Jari

Follow-Ups: References: