Re: Death to AH (was Re: SA identification)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Pekka Nikander wrote:
> ...for me the exact reason for killing AH seems unclear...
> Or am I missing something, and the problem with AH is something
> completely different?

It adds substantial complexity to IPsec -- a set of protocols which is
already too complex (an especially bad thing in a security system) -- for
little or no benefit.  That's the big one.

The awkward implementation, and the incompatibilities with things like
NAT, are significant but definitely secondary issues.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net