Re: Death to AH (was Re: SA identification)

At 12:59 PM -0700 4/4/01, Dan Harkins wrote:
>   My experience with IPsec compliance organizations is that they do not
>test full compliance with the RFCs. They test a small subset and then
>incrementally add things to justify the pound (ton actually) of flesh
>they take each year for vendors to remain "compliant".

Sorry, I can't let that one go as universally true. Some
organizations work on that model, others don't. VPNC is one that
doesn't (either on the "ton" part or on the "each year" part). See
the first section at <http://www.vpnc.org/conformance.html> for more
details.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium