mib

Tim;
I don't have many experiences with IPSEC MIB so let me
ask a few questions.
First: In IPSEC monitoring MIB there are many times
reference  like this: ""The value is taken directly
from the optional ID payloads that are exchanged
during phase 2 negotiations"". In any references like
RFC and Doraswamy/Harkins book - ID payloads are not
optional. Could you comment?
Second.
The tables for IKE monitoring MIB drafts are very
entangled and complicated. Could you offer me some
guidance why there are so many methods and options to
search for SA and how practically I can understand all
this.
Thank You,
Sincerely
Kris Falkowski