Re: tunnle mode SAs...

No, I don't think there is a problem, you can always tell to
which packet a particular fragment belongs.
If so, you can always tell what port/protocol you have
to use. Normally, on inboud you should collect all fragments before decryption
or any security policy check, otherwise you would have to maintain a state -
I don't know why you would do it. Any particular reason?

On outbound
1.	- fragment a packet
	- encrypt each fragment
or
2.	- encrypt a packet
	- fragment a packet

On inbound
1.      - dencrypt each fragment
        - defragment a packet
or
2.      - defragment a packet
	- dencrypt a packet

The second case (2), I think, is used more often.
You should handle both cases if you want to cover all situations.

-Yuri