RE: IPSEC Security Gateways & NAT

Jayant,

It seems works if
IKE is encapsulated in an UDP/IP with the same as IKE's original 500/IP at
initiator and the responder do not check the outer IP and knows to
decapsulate the outer UDP/IP.
Extra header consumes bandwidth, but it is signal; therefore, can trade for
security through NAPT.

For ESPoUDP,
it is desirable having maping as TCP->TCP and UDP->UDP and
OtherProtocol->OtherProtocol from inner to outer and not just uniformly
using
UDP.

Furthermore, for IP QoS,
it seems only DS (TOS byte) is significant for IP packets classification.
It also can be copied from inner to outer.

It seems, for traverse NAPT securely, the answer is
copying all the inner encrypted header to outer (except addresses and
checksum)?

Regards,

--- David