Re: IPSEC Security Gateways & NAT

  There is no requirement to generate a prime number per exchange and
the cost of checking a CRL should pale in comparison to computing a
Diffie-Hellman.

  Nothing computationally expensive is done until two messages are
received from the same peer with the 2nd containing the responder's
cookie. There is a DOS concern, though, since a responder will create
state upon receipt of the 1st message from the initiator. If we wanted to
address that we could add a stateless "cookie request" option ala Oakley
and Photuris. But that would make things more complex....

  Dan.

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:24:59 EDT you wrote