RE: IPSEC Security Gateways & NAT

If you pre-comp a set of prime numbers for DH-key exchange...
These can use only one time and they are consumed faster then you can come
up new ones.
This is the DOS idea that keep the IPSec responder so busy (meaninglessly)
that
no time for other meaningful activities.
Recycling prime numbers for DH-key exchange is a implementation mistake???

The CR process requires pending on a state that waits for server search
through the
chains of servers to come up CRL (and it grows longer along the time).
It is a classical eavesdropping.

The preshared key (pass-phrase) can auth the peer with much less cost and
stateless.

If someone can inscribe the first pair of DH-key exchange with CHAP(or
others),
it seems can remove some random DOS attack.
This will complement the DH-Key exchange's weakness of
unknowing the peer is "DOS attacker".

Regards,

--- David