AH length field, and derivation of name "SKEYID"

Given that AH is an IPv6 extension header, why is its length specified
in different units than other IPv6 extension headers? Unless I'm
confused, AH's length field
is in units of 32-bit chunks where IPv6 extension headers length field
is in units of 64-bit chunks. I'd guess it's so that when AH is used with
IPv4 you can use less padding, but it would be nice to verify that. Was it
controversial to decide to use different units for length?

The other question is a "just for curiosity". Why is SKEYID called that?
It's not the ID of anything. I'd have called it perhaps something like
SKEYSEED.

Thanks,

Radia