Re: AH length field, and derivation of name "SKEYID"

> From: Radia Perlman - Boston Center for Networking <Radia.Perlman@sun.com>

> Given that AH is an IPv6 extension header, why is its length
> specified in different units than other IPv6 extension headers?
> Unless I'm confused, AH's length field is in units of 32-bit chunks
> where IPv6 extension headers length field is in units of 64-bit
> chunks.

I don't know the definitive answer, but I assume it is because AH/ESP
are originally specified for IPv4, and *all* IP headers are
technically for both IPv4 and IPv6. Some headers just make sense with
one or the other, but some are used as in both (such as AH, ESP, TCP,
UDP, etc.)

Follow-Ups: References: