Re: IPSEC LINUX SERVER

Amey Gokhale wrote:

> i agree with yuri tht we use "host" and "gateway"
> terminology. But i would like to go little bit deeper.
>
> Can anybody point out the IPSec implementation differences
> for "host" and "gateway". There must be some difference in
> host IPSec implementation and gateway IPSec implementation.
> So anybody can throw some light on...wht r those differences??
>
> Thanks in advance
> Regards
> Amey.

It's possible to create a client implementation with very little
intelligence in it. Just push a button to connect/disconnect. Some
hardware gateway vendors ship those for free (for Windows, probably).
Gateway implementations need to take much more into account, like having
multiple physical interfaces, many concurrent connections, connections
to RADIUS servers, remote configuration, whatever. Gateways usually cost
money, unless they spell freeswan.

If you need a full implementation for Linux kernel versions 2.2.19 or
2.4.2 (other versions may work), you can contact F-Secure (not me). We also
support Solaris 2.6 , 7 , 8. And sorry for misuse of this mailing list..

Ari

--
Ari Huttunen                   phone: +358 9 2520 0700
Software Architect             fax  : +358 9 2520 5001

F-Secure Corporation       http://www.F-Secure.com

F(ully)-Secure products: Integrated Solutions for Enterprise Security