Re: rsa configuration

>                  rsa public key is represented as {modulus ,exponent}  , my question
> is should I configure both
> modulus and exponent  (no certificates in my implementation )
>           .  I have seen in cisco router that it has option of configuring
> rsa public key as just a string not seperately as mod and exponent , I
> wonder how cisco router
> is splitting that key (into mod and exponent)
>                 any pointer would be of great help

The Cisco router we have accepts/displays an RSA Public Key in the ASN.1 DER form
of a SubjectPublicKeyInfo object.  This object is defined in X.509, and also in
PKCS#6 and RFC 2459, among other places.  The SubjectPublicKeyInfo includes the
algorithm & key; the key contains the modulus & exponent.

----
Tom Porcher          |  porcher@tril-inc.com    voice: 978.371.3980 x108
Software Consultant  |
http://www.tril-inc.com   fax: 978.371.3990
Trilogy, Inc.  .:    |  Concord, Massachusetts, USA, Earth