Re: rsa configuration

"Sridhar J" <sridharj@future.futsoft.com> writes:

> Hi ,
> 	rsa public key is represented as {modulus ,exponent}  , my question
> is should I configure both
> modulus and exponent  (no certificates in my implementation )
>           .  I have seen in cisco router that it has option of configuring
> rsa public key as just a string not seperately as mod and exponent , I
> wonder how cisco router
> is splitting that key (into mod and exponent)
> 	any pointer would be of great help

How you implement it is up to you.  Different implementations store
the information differently.  For example, FreeS/WAN stores an RSA key
as a single string of hex digits, first the exponent and then the
modulus, with length encodings to split the two.  How you store it locally
is up to you.

-derek