Solution for using MIP6 for client location hiding

Hello all,

I've just finished a report on using Mobile IPv6 to hide the true IP
address of a mobile node from its correspondant, though the technique is
general to all IPv6 and also IPv4 nodes.

The paper and associated presentation slides are available on this web
site: http://www.ee.vt.edu/~wells.

Here is the abstract:
Cloaking is a technique whereby a source can hide its location from a
receiver under IPv6. Relying on other standardized protocols, in
particular IPsec, Mobile IP, and HMIPv6, to provide encryption and a large
part of the implementation for the machines implicated, cloaking solves
this problem in an extremely lightweight manner. Conceived for IPv6, it
delicately avoids solving problems already solved in that domain. That is,
it only hides its location and identity from the receiver; it makes no
attempt to hide its identity from intermediate observers; several privacy
extensions already provide this capability.

--
John WELLS
INRIA Rhône-Alpes, Planète Project - ENSIMAG 3A/Télécomm et Réseaux

PGP signature