Re: What does SIT_IDENTITY_ONLY mean?

We left the Situation zero in GDOI since there are no IANA numbers for it
that I could find.  I interpreted Situation as a refinement of the DOI for
labelled
security or potentially other purposes by a peer that can understand
Situation-specific
encodings of the SA payload that follows it.  I would appreciate seeing more
specification regarding its use.

Mark
At 10:46 PM 7/18/2001 -0400, Radia Perlman - Boston Center for Networking
wrote:
>The "situation" for IKE's DOI as defined in RFC 2407 has 3 bits
>defined. The bottom one, SIT_IDENTITY_ONLY seems to be defined
>as indicating that there's an identity payload.
>
>Given that you can tell if there's an identity payload, why do you
>need a bit to tell you that there is one?
>
>Anyway, I'm confused. What is that bit for?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Radia

Follow-Ups: References: