I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-lifetime-00.txt

Er, wouldn't the more sensible thing to do here in
general is to create a means of having a reliable
Delete notification?  This is what KINK does, and
seems a lot more sensible/robust overall. I'll
note that this still seems to have the packet loss
problem described in section 3b.

		  Mike

Internet-Drafts@ietf.org writes:
 > This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.
 >
 > 	Title		: Responder Lifetime Notify Message for IKE
 > 	Author(s)	: S. Fanning
 > 	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-lifetime-00.txt
 > 	Pages		: 5
 > 	Date		: 26-Jul-01
 >
 > This document describes how the RESPONDER-LIFETIME notify message,
 > used within the ISAKMP DOI can be used to facilitate lifetime
 > negotiation and rekeying.
 >
 > A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
 > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-lifetime-00.txt
 >
 > Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
 > "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
 > type "cd internet-drafts" and then
 > 	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-lifetime-00.txt".
 >
 > A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
 > http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
 >

 > Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
 >
 > Send a message to:
 > 	mailserv@ietf.org.
 > In the body type:
 > 	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-lifetime-00.txt".
 >
 > NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
 > 	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
 > 	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
 > 	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
 > 	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
 > 	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
 > 	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
 > 	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
 > 	how to manipulate these messages.

 > Internet-Draft.
 > Content-ID:	<20010726170632.I-D@ietf.org>
 >
 > ENCODING mime
 > FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-lifetime-00.txt
 > Content-ID:	<20010726170632.I-D@ietf.org>

Follow-Ups: References: