Re: IPSec performance statistics

I don't have any numbers available but from the top of my head I can see
three
elements that will determine the accelerator overhead:

    - Compiler
    - System architecture
    - Memory access implementation.

I understand that some of these elements can be minimized but that will
be the
case of a typical accelerator. I believe all those could be quantified.
There
is a lot more to be done when IPsec is in place that just route the
packet, and
keeping up with wire speed becomes a bigger challenge. I agree that the
goal is
to provide wirespeed for secure connections and I think everybody is
working on
it. Right?

marc.