Re: Position statement on IKE development

Dear Marcus, Jeff and Steve,

May I make a suggestion given the seriousness of this?

Let's hold an international design competition to select a key
management protocol for IPSec in a manner similar to how NIST did
the AES selection (although I hope it takes less than 5 years).
Once we get to a final 5, then let's cryptanalyze them and select
the best one.  In this manner hopefully we can avoid a 2nd debacle.

Sincerely,

- Alex Alten

--

Alex Alten