Re: Position statement on IKE development

Unfortunately what you and I think probably doesn't matter.  What matters
is that end user customers will hear that IPsec's IKE is broken, and they
will then ask themselves the question, is all of IPsec also broken?  It's
anyone's guess as to how this will play out in the VPN markets, etc.

My own personal question is why the IPsec working group did not have a
thorough cryptanalysis done by professionals, say by an outfit like ISSI,
before the standards were issued?

- Alex

--

Alex Alten