Re: Position statement on IKE development

Ferguson and Schneier suggested the same thing as an alternative to
design-by-committee, which they suggested was the source of problems with
IPsec and IKE.  When I read this, I did not think it was a viable solution
because the IPsec and IKE requirements were so much more complex than AES.

I don't think their criticisms of IKE were ever addressed on this list
though the points about AH and ESP were as I recall.

Mark