RE: IKE must have no Heirs

Dan,

It has been somewhat difficult for anyone in the IETF security area in the
past dacade not to become familliar with the internal machinations of the
IPSEC group.

I would like something no more complex than SKIP that used RSA or DSA.

In 1995 SKIP would have been the right move. At this point to go forward
there has to at least be compatibility with the keying material that is
already distributed.

I would also like to see a more analytical approach to demonstrating the
correctness and security of the protocol. Something that was at least simple
enough to be the subject of a proof.

	Phill

Phillip Hallam-Baker FBCS C.Eng.
Principal Scientist