Re: Position statement on IKE development

On the one hand, I agree with Paul that these aren't part of the base
IKE spec (as it stands today) and, unfortunately, there's nothing
IPSRA will be able to do to address them.  So, are we to assume that
the IPSEC WG is responsible for these things?

Judging from the "IKE Position Statement" and follow-up e-mails, it
sounds as if item #1 are to be addressed immediately, while #3 is to
be addressed, possibly, later in 'son-of-IKE'.  However, that leaves
item #2, which I agree with you, should be standardized in IPSec and IS
NOT only "an application issue".

So, I have to ask: who is keeping track of these, and other
requirements, at what point they will be addressed and where is it all
documented?  It seems to me to be good common, and engineering, sense
to put in a draft all the requirements for what we want out of a
'son-of-IKE' and 'next-gen-IKE'.  Then, we can compare the two
requirements docs side-by-side and judge which proposal meets the
needs of the community best.

-shane