Packet Interceptor Implementation for IPSec

I am into implementation of IPSec under linux and as a part of it I need
to develop a packet interceptor which takes packets from the network
adapter and passes it to the IPSec (Bump in the Stack implementation).

I  am new in this field and I am stuck at the packet interceptor
implementation ; since i do not want to hamper with the tcp/ip code but
wanna develop a insertable module into the kernel.

Can anyone please help me?? What mechanism for this can be used and how to
go about it??

Puja Puri
Member of Technical Staff
Networking and Internet  Software Group