Re: Simplifying IKE

QM with PFS has never really been all that "quick".  However, it seems a
valuable attribute that the relatively long-lived Phase 1 IKE SA's allow
for seamless Phase 2 rekeying (when done right).  This would be much harder
if there were just one single negotiation.

Derrell

--On Thursday, August 9, 2001 7:52 PM -0400 Bill Sommerfeld
<sommerfeld@East.Sun.COM> wrote:

 >> Ari Huttunen writes:
 >>  > Thus my preference would be to have a four packet phase 1 (base mode)
 >>  > and a four packet quick mode.
 >>
 >>    Gad. Doesn't anybody care about link up times???
 >
 > Smooshing phase 1 and phase 2 together begins to look very attractive
 > when quick mode isn't very (quick).
 >
 > 						- Bill

Follow-Ups: References: