Re: DRAFT: ipsec charter update

On Thu, 09 Aug 2001 09:10:59 -0400, tytso@mit.edu wrote:

 > The IPSEC working group will restrict itself to the following short-term
 > work items to improve the existing key management protocol (IKE):

As JI pointed out yesterday during SAAG, there are two work areas: IPsec
transforms and key management. If we keep them in the same group, I
think the charter should clearly mention those two areas and not just
IKE. Especially since (1) the work items list includes transforms-level
items and (2) architecture and transforms evolutions have been subject
to discussions on the list recently (SA identification, death to AH...).
Also, if we want to head toward two groups, starting to list the work
items for each might prove useful.

Sincerely,

--
Ghislaine Labouret, Network security consultant
Hervé Schauer Consultants (HSC) - http://www.hsc.fr/